3. Unless stated by you to the contrary, you acknowledge and consent to the use or disclosure of your personal information including your name, address, email address and other information you provided to us in circumstances that are:
- clearly explained to you at the time when the information is collected from you;
- permitted under Australian privacy legislation; or
- as ordered by a Court or any Government Department with the legal authority to compel disclosure.
4. Collection of information
We may collect personal information from you including but not limited to your name, address, employment history, telephone number and email address when you apply for employment with us, visit our website, enter into a promotion, subscribe to our mailing list to receive our newsletter or make a product enquiry.
5. Use of your information
Personal information to you submit to us may be used by us for reasonable business purposes in that we may store and process that information to better understand your needs and how we can improve our products and services. Your personal information may be used for the following purposes:
- internal employee purposes;
- trade promotion purposes;
- billing purposes;
- purposes related to sales, promotion, marketing and operations; and
- electronic communications.
For any of the above purposes we may contact you be electronic or any other means.
6. Disclosure to third parties
From time to time your information may need to be disclosed to external parties:
- to provide the services you have requested;
- to meet the purpose for which it was submitted;
- if we have informed you of a particular third party to whom it will be disclosed, at the time of collection;
- if we have your consent to share the information; or
- if we are required or authorised by law to disclose the information.
Please advise us in writing or by email email@example.com of any restrictions you wish to place on how your information is used and disclosed.
7. Accuracy, access and security
We will take reasonable steps to ensure that the personal information we collect is accurate, complete and up-to-date. However, your information will only be updated when we become aware that your information is not accurate either following a request by you, you access our website and provide different information to that previously provided or by some other means.
You can access and request correction of any personal information concerning you at any time. You may also request that we delete your personal information at any time. All requests must be in writing or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We will take reasonable steps to protect personal information from misuse, loss and unauthorised access, modification or disclosure.
8. Sensitive information
The Company will not collect, use or disclose sensitive information (such as information about racial or ethnic origins or political or religious beliefs) except with your specific consent or in the circumstances permitted in the Australian Privacy legislation.
9. Cookies and other information stored on your computer
This Site does not use persistent cookies or persistent tracking technologies that some websites use to gather information about your visits to their sites.
Cookies are essentially tokens of information, such as preferences and passwords that some web servers collect from you when you access them. The data is stored on your hard drive, not on the website’s server. Whenever you visit a “cookie” site, the server looks for its cookies on your hard drive and, if found, then reads the information it stored there.
If you want to avoid such cookies, we encourage you to set your browser to notify you when cookies are being set and allow you to reject them. Your system’s help files will explain how to do this.
10. Privacy and or website
Each time you visit our Site our server may collect some anonymous information, known as click-stream data, including the type of browser and system you are using; the address of the site you have come from and move to after your visit; the date and time of your visit; and your server’s IP address.
We may collect this information for statistical purposes to find out how the Site is used and navigated, including the number of hits, the frequency and duration of visits or popular session times. We may use this information to evaluate and improve the performance of the Site.
11. Other Websites
12. Social Media
13. How we protect your information
We have adopted and will continue to adopt appropriate data collection, storage and processing practices and security measures to protect against unauthorised access, alteration, disclosure or destruction of your personal information, username, password, transaction information and data shared on the Site.
14. Terms, charges and questions
15. Your acceptance of these terms